Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Entering the Race

Since I announced my decision to run for the Mayor of Elk Grove, I have been asked the same question repeatedly.

Why are you running for Mayor?

I have been an advocate for decades. As a girl scout leader and service unit manager, a small business advocate and domestic violence survivor advocate. I have traveled the world speaking out against injustice but most importantly, providing hope to those oppressed by it.

I once believed that I could make a more profound impact outside of the system. I recently came to the conclusion that long term systemic change requires policy change. It is no longer enough to testify at hearings or focus on one life or business or cause at a time. I am ready, willing and able to serve in the political arena. And the citizens of Elk Grove are in desperate need of an advocate rather than a politician.

No comments:

Post a Comment